Wednesday, December 15, 2010

That Is How To Wrangle 'Em In.......

The other evening I invited a Gentleman over for dinner and a movie; I decided to make him a Chinese feast. Some girls, far more impressive than me, would have sliced and diced veggies and made homemade egg rolls... and for the record, I do know how to do all of those things... and I had good intentions, but I just couldn't fit it in. So instead, PF Chang and I created a skillet dinner for two out of a bag. Furthermore, my rice was microwaved and the egg rolls were popped into the oven about 10 minutes before he arrived... One Miller Light tall boy and a whole bunch of 10 minute, frozen food later... dinner was served.







I would also like to make a special note that while the skillet dinner was a great idea, in my opinion, I should potentially get a lid for said cooking utensil should I opt to go the bag route again...




Luckily, that portion of the food preparation was finished before he got there.

Either he is one hell of an actor or he actually seemed to enjoy the dinner... and even invited me out to meet him and his friend for a drink last night after my flight got in.

Pause: I typically don't drink during the week, but. This was a special situation... I had spent about 20 hours in airports in 48 hours and after 6 ridiculous flights, when I finally landed in Des Moines... my luggage was in Denver. So. With that, bottoms up.

Unpause: So, he and his friend are sitting in a booth and as I join them, my coat must have caught the table cloth. As I scooted... so did the place settings and their drinks, etc. This poor guy invites me to meet his best friend and I take the whole damn table out!

After the world class dinner I prepared and taking out the table, if I would have laughed really hard and accidental farted, I feel like it would have just been par for the course.

If those aren't some sure fire ways to impress a guy... I don't know what the hell is.

1 comment:

Turbo said...

Hahahaha. CG, you are the best. Glad to hear that the dinner went well.