Monday, August 30, 2010

I Operate...


In Post It notes and checklists. Without them, I would be lost. Not quite as lost as I would be if something happened to my Blackberry... but I can't even joke about that.
I have Post Its all around my desk and computer at work. Some of them say things that I have heard that I think are so funny and perfectly appropriate for all the time, like:
RUN WITH YOUR FEET, NOT WITH YOUR MOUTH!!!!!!
or
THE ABSENCE OF ADVERSITY IS THE ABSENCE OF KNOWING WHAT YOU ARE TRULY CAPABLE OF.
Some of the Post It notes have words on them that I have heard or read and I didn't know what they meant... so I Merriam-Webster dot com those babies and make myself use them in a sentence throughout the day.
I highly suggest using this method of increasing your vocabulary, because seeing the words every day really does help.
And, if it is not written on a Post It note, it is on a checklist. I have a "Work" checklist with work stuff on it (duh.) and a "Home" checklist with things I need to get done each week. This weeks checklist is as follows:
Clean Apt. (Deep clean)
Drop off dress @dry cleaners
Organize cabinets/files
Finish reading book
Buy new book
Clean compartments in car
I carry this list in my pocket book, so each time I go to use my debit card or ID, it is there... just challenging me to accomplish something. Each item has a little line in front for me to check off and let me tell you... that little checkmark feels oh so good!
Ok. Bye. I am going to accomplish something.

No comments: