Friday, August 13, 2010

I Knew It....

I struggle with a seemingly unrealistic fear... I guess it isn't a "fear" necessarily, as much as a healthy concern...





I am concerned that if you eat an apple, for example, and accidental swallow the seed, that there is potential for an apple tree to grow! Now, I know you are thinking that I am crazy, and I admit that it does sound that way. I think I know realistically that I am not going to have an apple tree growing in my belly... but it still freaks me out if a seed accidental slips by.





I shared this concern with some friends recently, while eating at a sushi restaurant. The sushi roll I chose had salmon eggs on it, which prompted the conversation and my explanation of the concern I had for giving birth to some baby salmon within the next 28 to 30 days (the gestation period for fish... duh.)





Well, would you know... just when I thought my fear was unfounded...





I hear about a man in Massachusetts that was diagnosed with lung cancer, only to find out it was a SPROUTED PEA!!!





Not only that, upon further investigation I found out that a Russian man went to the doctor with chest pain and there was a small fir tree branch growing!





So... No more seeds for me.





Clearly, you can't be too careful these days.

2 comments:

Turbo said...

I knew a girl, growing up, who had a bean stuck up her nose, that eventually sprouted. Pretty nasty stuff. Smart approach, playing it safe. Hehe

CharlieGirl said...

You are joking! So gross! One time I laughed so hard at family dinner that I sucked lettuce up my nose and the dressing hurt soooooooo bad.