Monday, August 16, 2010

Age Appropriate


Yesterday was absolutely beautiful. The humidity finally let up a little bit, so my afro puff finally had a chance to deflate.
To celebrate I headed out to watch my very most favorite Dueling Piano group, Pianopalooza(Oh... Tony Bohnenkamp... I heart you...), that was doing an outdoor show.
There were a lot of people out watching, but in the grand tradition of adults, we barely put an effort into a clap, let alone danced.
Not the kids though, they were jammin out.
How great would it be to be a kid again and simply not give a shit. No preconceived notions or insecurities or hindrances.... Man, that would be great.
But, I digress. Kind of. There was one little girl on her own and then a group of 3 or 4 other kids playing and dancing together. She saw them and slowly began to dance her little way over. But, they weren't paying attention to her. So, she just stood there and watched for a while. Finally, they looked her direction and she did the obvious, most appropriate thing for that moment.
She held her dress up over her head and flashed her undies.
It wasn't a quick flash either. She stood there in all her Dora the Explorer undies glory and may have even pushed out her belly a little.
Can you imagine, if at my next networking event, when those awkward moments inevitably happen, I confidently held my dress over my head for a minute or so and then threw out a couple of business cards?!?!

No comments: