Friday, July 23, 2010

Tragedy In The Traffic Jam

I know a great guy named Jamison... Well, that really isn't his name, but you know how I get with code names.



Anyway... He doesn't feel like it is safe that I walk home from the bar at night alone when I go out.



I mean, really?? Can you imagine why not?!



As I am a woman of my word, I would not.... could not... promise him that I wouldn't walk home alone anymore. I did promise to give it more consideration, but he wan't buying it.



So, he got me some pepper spray. And, he even made it pink. Did I mention he was just great!?!



That brings me to today. Today is the day I traveled back to Peoria to join my fam for our trip to the Big Apple. It is about four hours from Des Moines to Peoria and about an hour and a half into my trip, I ran into quite the traffic jam... and by traffic jam, I mean, parking lot. We were literally at a stand still.



Obviously, while I was sitting in the middle of I-80, I was fidgety and bored....and started playing with the pepper spray.



Yep, go ahead and wince... you know what is coming...



Guess who pressed the button? In the middle of the highway with no where to go. With the windows rolled up. With nothing to wipe their hands or eyes with.



I wonder what the people next to me thought when I was grasping my throat and coughing dramatically while frantically trying to roll windows down?



I don't think that me spraying myself was quite what Jamison had in mind when we discussed protection.



Speaking of protection, I very clearly left my helmet in Des Moines.



Dear Lord... Please help to keep me safe in New York City... this little pepper spray incident doesn't exactly bode well!

No comments: