Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Politicin'


This.... is Jim Gibbons.
This Iowan is running for Congress and in his spare time he sends me about twelve letters a week asking me to contribute to his campaign and support him.
Well, Mr. Gibbons, your tenacity and relentless pursuit to gain my support has paid off and I will answer your call of duty. Yes, sir, I will.
I see that one of the options for support is to host a house party. Well. Mi casa es su casa, candidate.
This little palace will comfortably fit about twelve people and it is all yours. Further, this little hostess with the mostess here will provide not one, but two... count em... two cases of Busch Lite, smoked weenies in my mini (I usually don't cook for more than two) crock pot and just for you.... some Hy-Vee potato salad. Because we are Iowans, after all, and that is always a crowd pleaser.
Now, please have your people call my people and in the meantime, feel free to ix-nay on the letters.
Oh, yeah... and I get it. You were a wrestling coach and it taught you great life lessons. I get it. Really. But, no matter how much some old fashion wrestling move demonstrations will prove you're ready for Washington... you are not wearing a singlet to the party.
I am the only one that gets to dress inappropriately around this place. So back off.
Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go find where I put the streamers.

No comments: