Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Mastered The Art...


I remember listening to a late night talk show when I was little and a model was being interviewed. I don't remember if it was Jay Leno or David Letterman or Arsenio Hall and I don't remember who the model was... which means that what I am about to say could very well be made up. Although, I don't think it is.




Anyway. I remember her telling whatever host it was that all women should master the art of the "quick change" and should be able to change in a cab without the cabbie seeing a single hint of skin.




For some reason, I couldn't have agreed more




Perhaps all those hurried cab rides I took from one event to the next during my third grade year ...




As an adult, even though I don't take a whole lot of cab rides, none of which I would be sober enough to remove a sock without accidentally popping out a boob... I have mastered the art of the quick change.




Please don't tell the Des Moines police what I am about to say... but typically it is done while I am driving to the gym, but running late. And, let me tell you, a sports bra and a highway makes about as much sense as a putting on pantyhose while holding a cup of hot coffee. It just isn't a good idea.




Come on now ladies... don't act like you don't know what I am talking about....





My second favorite place to practice my quick change skills is parking lots. But, do you wanna know what else isn't a good idea??? Picking a parking lot that has a rear entrance that you didn't notice.




Around the time soccer practice starts.





Dear 10 to 12 year old boys that play soccer in WDM,

I apologize. It isn't always that awkward. Well, actually, sports bras are.

But, I was in a car.

Anyway, ok, bye.

Love - Charlie Girl.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can take any story and make laugh! I love the part when you're telling the boy it isn't always awkward. Thanks for the laugh!