Friday, May 23, 2008

Bed, Bath & Beyond Stock Up Sale

I need one.

I have four spoons, four knives, four forks, etc.; the same with plates and other kitchen service items. If I were to have a dinner party with more than three friends, I would be screwed.

Because I am generally the only person that is at my house, I only really notice a problem once a week. Since, I have a bowl of cereal every day, by Friday; I have no bowls and no spoons. So, each Friday, I sit down to watch the morning news while eating my cereal with a ladle out of a serving bowl. Most of the times, my shoes match.

I started thinking about this last night when I tried to make dinner… something I normally don’t do… I bought that Chicken Chow Mien stuff in a can and I went to cook it last night and realized that I don’t even have a can opener…. So, I had to eat cereal for dinner too, which threw off this morning’s serving bowl and ladle availability. I would have had a frozen dinner, but I don’t have a microwave either and waiting 55 minutes to cook something like that in the oven is a let down. Cooking anything in the oven for 55 minutes makes you think of an actual home cooked meal, so when cardboard chicken and mashed potatoes that are the consistency of sand come out… you realize your time was wasted.

You may be thinking, “Why doesn’t she just do dishes?”, and the answer to that is, when you are only putting one spoon and one bowl in the sink each day, running the dishwasher mid week isn’t exactly worth the energy. And, I am green, folks. Eco friendly for life…

No comments: