Thursday, May 22, 2008

5th Grade Progress Report-“Doesn’t share well with others.”

I have major issue with drinking after people and people drinking after me. Basically, I won’t allow people to drink after me and I certainly wouldn’t pick up a random glass and take a healthy gulp…

I joined a Volleyball league with a friend. They are all his friends, I only know him. So, we play the first game and take a quick beer break before the next. We were all drinking from one pitcher and everybody just had their own glass. Everyone except my friend, that is. So, his friend says, “Just share with Charlie.” Instantly I froze. Then he proceeds to say, “She would be the logical person to share with, if you drank mine… that would just be weird.”

One, why the hell, out of the whole group of people he knows, would the person choose me for him to share with? Of the group I have known him the least amount of time…. Two, why would sharing a drink with your guy friend, that likes to pipe up and nominate people, be weird?

Obviously, since I don’t know any of these people I couldn’t speak up about all the things that were wrong about the situation… So, begrudgingly, I handed over my beer to “share”. By share, I mean I accepted it back when he was done drinking, and as soon as they weren’t looking, I set it on the ground and walked away from it.

No comments: