Friday, May 30, 2008

Adventures

Having the extra day last weekend inspired me and a few friends to mark some stuff off our “Things to do in 2008” list.

Checked off the list:
Go to the downtown farmer’s market. Check!
Take a tour of the Des Moines Capitol. Check!
Go to the Zoo. Check!
Hike the trails at Ledges State Park. Check!
Go on a picnic/have a cookout at the park. Check!


Ryan, Charlie-Girl, Panties
at the Capitol

I bet you are thinking that I had a pretty great, action packed, long weekend. I sure did!

Generally during long weekends I try to get one major thing done that I have been putting off. Such as, clean out a closet or go through a junk drawer. But, I have a perfectly organized closet and no junk drawer…. So the only “project” left for me is to fix my acetone damaged table. And, I just didn’t feel like it. It looks horrible, but I don’t have a lot of company, so who cares. Right?!

While all of the things we did were so much fun, probably the coolest thing was feeding the fish at the zoo. I know it sounds stupid, but I have never seen fish like this. There were millions of them, just flopping over each other trying to get the pellets being thrown in to them. There were some places that you couldn’t even see water, the fish were just lying on top of each other.

I was completely grossed out at first. I looked at them, got grossed out and had to leave the area. But, for some reason, I felt compelled to go back…. and by the time I left that area (probably about 45 minutes later) I had my fingers down their big nasty fish mouths hand feeding them the pellets. I was fascinated.






I wonder what I will mark of my list this weekend….

No comments: