Friday, September 2, 2011

Cheater Cheater Cake Ball Eater

We are visiting BF's hometown tonight to go to his gram's birthday party. Whenever we go there, I feel so bad, because I didn't prepare anything in advance of the visit and I show up to the party empty handed... and my mamma taught me better than that.



So, last night, I decided to make my famous cake balls. BF's little girl babycakes helped me!



Unfortunately, we were a little short on time and cake ball making is really an involved project. You have to bake the cake first, then smash it up with the frosting, then roll balls, then freeze it, then roll it in almond bark... Aren't you totally tired just thinking about doing all of those steps?! And, I don't even have eggs and oil... so this is a start from scratch process! With that, I decided to improvise.



Now... I know when you are baking with an impressionable little girl, you should teach her the proper ways to do things.



I have never even turned on my oven since I lived at my new place, though, so maybe learning anything from me in regards to food preparation is not the best idea.



Off to Walmart we went, to get a completely pre-made and decorated cake. And, some almond bark.



Step 1: Take the cake out of the container.

Step 2: Smash the whole thing up!



No extra ingredients needed! No dirty mixer! No need to wait for baking and cooling time!



We eliminated the first two hours of work!



Geeeeeeeeeeeenius!



No comments: