Monday, November 23, 2009

Change of Heart

I wanted to write about two kinds of people today... "Christopher Robin" people and "Eeyore" people.
Let me give you an example of both:
"Hi Christopher Robin! How are you today?" I am doing well, thank you! The sun is shining, its a short week, my family is healthy... Can't complain!
"Hi Eeyore, what's shaking?" Today is not a good day. My wife's been riding my ass, my boss is a prick, my kids are making me broke.... This is about the time you do whatever you can to end the conversation and walk away... Eeyore is probably in mid sentence, but you really don't care... now is not the time to be polite.
The moral of the story was that nobody likes an Eeyore and after having talked to a few recently, I wanted to post this little nugget of advice for your reading pleasure and as a reminder to myself to pull my head out of my ass when I am feeling like Grumpity McGrumpster.
But, in the interest of good information, I did what any good writer (obviously using the term loosely) would do and I researched my subjects. So, after a quick google search and a few minutes on Wikipedia, I learned that Christopher Robin is, in fact, a big giant asshole!!!
Christopher Robin was based off of A.A. Milne's son Christopher Robin Milne and Christopher felt that his father capitalized on his name and was quoted as saying, "It seemed to me almost that my father had got where he was by climbing on my infant shoulders, that he had filched from me my good name and left me nothing but empty fame."
Bitch, he gave you that name!
I am seriously pissed about this. Clearly.
Please excuse me while I step down from my soapbox to finish my story...
Ok... So, anyway.
I am hereby changing my types of people to "Oprah" and "Eeyore".
Christopher Robin can shove that misleading, chipper sunshine crap up his ass.
Ok, back down from the soapbox again...

1 comment:

Turbo said...

Nice! hahahaha. I saw your comment on Reagan's Blob and clicked through to your page. Your stuff is hilarious. I have added you to my reader. Have a great Thanksgiving!