Thursday, November 19, 2009

Smile Pretty!

My last post was Saturday?! I am a terrible blogger… I am glad you are all my friends and love me unconditionally. Even if I don’t post as regularly as I should. Even if I get in a bad mood sometimes and post only to vent. Even if I rob, lie, cheat and steal. Even if I fart while riding in a car with you and instantly hit the window locks.
Too far… that last one was just too far. Sorry.
Anyway, back to today.

Please wait, while I gather my inner fourth grader.

Do you know why? Because, today is picture day of course! Yes, that’s right… individual company picture day, which means there are a lot of black and gray suites walking around our office today.
The whole “picture day” situation reminds me so much of grade school. Today while I was getting ready my mind was filled with memories of the small black combs they handed out, trying to find the perfect outfit and making sure my French braid had no bumps in it and my mall bangs were perfect.

Today is also Thanksgiving Dinner at the office. I, however, will not be participating. There are two primary reasons why and before I tell you, I need acknowledge the fact that I am in fact crazy. I am aware. So, judge away, I already know.


First, the whole “pot luck” concept makes me nauseous. I know that I wash my hands before I prepare food… but how can I be sure John Doe in Accounting’s wife did before she begrudgingly prepared something for him to take to his office? In fact, she probably didn’t wash her hands just out of spite, because he couldn’t prepare his own damn dish…


Next, I am pretty sure that turkey, stuffing, gravy and apple pie doesn’t fall within my carbs/protein allotment for that meal.


This does pose a problem, though, as I now need to disappear during the festivities, so as not to have to answer any questions about why I am not partaking and I really want to do is eat my can of soup at my desk.


No matter what I decide to do though, I have to make sure I don’t get dirty… because, after lunch comes picture time, then… recess?!

No comments: