Monday, November 9, 2009

Parents Weekend

I am pretty sure this was one of the best Des Moines weekends EVER! Do you wanna know why? Because of these cuties...









These lovers here are my mom and dad. My dad is practically a world famous artist... and this weekend he decided to grace Des Moines with his talent. They don't come to visit very often, so I was so excited to have them.







This guy here may be rocking some crazy eyes... and he may not be willing to drink a dirty thirty of NatiIce because it isn't as good as Miller Light... but that is ok. Because he blew the Des Moines art scene out of the water.





And this girl!? Every reason that I call my mom my best friend was reiterated. It probably is a good thing that she is my mom, though, and we didn't grow up together as same age best friends... because I think I would probably have to be writing this blog from jail, because we would have done something very fun, but very crazy to end up there!





The weekend wouldn't have been complete without these guys too though... my greatest friends.




I had such a great weekend, in fact, that I didn't want to do anything last night but cry! I didn't want the weekend to end! I didn't want my parents to leave, I didn't want my friends to go back to their houses, I didn't want to not be outside enjoying the beautiful weather, I didn't want to take my fake eyelashes off (another story, another day!)... I just wanted to replay it all again. But, life happens and all good things come to end. All we have are memories, plans to do it again as soon as possible and images like this true, beautiful, unabashed happiness is our heads...



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this posting... and I can't wait to see all the other pictures!

Anonymous said...

Haha... I totally forgot about Starpril :)