Thursday, January 7, 2010

Cold Temp, Warm Heart

I saw the sweetest thing on my way home today... A precious little UPS delivery man was crawling over mountains of snow to get to a house, but his truck was no where to be found. Then, I spotted it about 5 or 6 houses up... the only house that had shoveled their snow! He wouldn't have been able to get to a walkable path or the house without first having the initial way in. So, that determined man, in wind chills that are about negative twenty, just drove until he found a way.






I am sure, though, that as I was thinking about how adorable and determined he was, he was cussing like a fleet sailor and wanting to tell UPS and this person who online shops to shove it up their asses.







Speaking of snow mountains, Des Moines, yet again is in the middle of a blizzard. But, guess what, I am not nearly as concerned....


Yep, because check that out. Boots and a shovel. Both Christmas presents from great people that are concerned with my safety and the warmth of my toes.


I probably should have helped the UPS man shovel a path to the house, now that I think about it...

Oh well, next time, I guess.




And while we are discussing Christmas presents, I have to also show you this one...



This gorgeous picture of the Des Moines skyline was painted by my dad. I am so proud. I may or may not have stole it from my parents house as an extra Christmas present to myself.

I don't know if you have ever seen my drawing skills... but that talent clearly wasn't passed on!

No comments: