Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Felony Melanie

Yesterday I got my oil changed, filled my gas tank up, and washed my car. I dislike doing all of those things... because I feel that my money should be spent on more important things. Such as, shoes, new clothes, hair products, lip gloss, etc. But, I going home last night I felt like a mature, responsible adult. "Look at me, I just maintained my vehicle!", I wanted to say to my neighbor!

Anyway... I think it is funny that I went home with such a sense of accomplishment considering that I deliberately broke the law during my errands. Let me explain, the mitigating circumstances... I get my oil changed at Walmart, because I am smart with my money and don't mind hobknobbing with other "spend thrifts" if you will. So, when I went to pick up my vehicle, I got a few things. I ended up picking up more items than I anticipated though and didn't want to have to walk all the way to the front of the store for a cart or basket, so I stopped in the cleaning aisle and picked up a bucket. So, as I lobbed groceries into my bucket like it was on little couture shopping bag, I grabbed a banana for dinner.

Well, I went to pay and the man said that I couldn't get the banana because they didn't have a scale... (At least that is what I think he said, because he was talking like he had a mouth full of shit.....) So, I did what anyone would do, threw the banana into a bag with the rest of the groceries. Any one would do that right?!?!?! I have to admit, when my mom asked how I would like going to jail over a banana... It did put things into perspective just a bit.

1 comment:

Father Maloney said...

Very nice, you have a nice turn of phrase. This could be a possible sitcom they have screen writing classes around sometimes. Ck out the Father he gave birth to some new word. JJM