Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Karma: That Bitch!

My parents are going to love this…..

In celebration of the fact that it made it above the freezing mark this past weekend, I decided to rock some cute new open toed shoes.

Unfortunately, I had been observing the “they are covered, just ignore them” mentality and I happened to need a pedicure. To save some cash (I am budgeting for my Vegas trip in 9 days!!!) I decided to just give my self a quick polish change on my own.

So there I sat in my living room, catching up on celebrity news and painting my toes… being a total girl. You wouldn’t have known it was a girl though when you heard the expletives fly out of my mouth when I dumped acetone all over my end table (it is really the center, main table, but I think they might all be called “end tables”… ??).

Of course acetone just eats away at the stain on the table instantly. I was sooooo pissed.

The problem was, who was I going to be mad at, I freaking did it. Then I thought of my poor parents. You see, about 15 years or so ago I did the same thing with acetone to our big nice (probably new) dining room table!

I wanted to kick my own ass when I did it to my little $99 Target table, it is truly surprising that I survived that incident with my parents!!!!

2 comments:

tom said...

Charlie - you know that you are much more important than a stupid dining room table - besides I had your Mom sand the whole top down and restain it- So heck ! It didn't bother me a bit! Dad

lisa said...

Hmmmm, sounds like you really made the rounds, I have a spot on my table from you too.