Monday, February 11, 2008

Weekend Wrap Up

It is cold here in Des Moines!!!! That didn't stop up from having a great weekend though!
Friday night I was zapped from a crazy work week... so I stayed in and watched Pretty Woman, not once... but twice!


Feeling very well rested from the night before, I picked up my friend Lisa and she and I met April for Body Pump Saturday morning. Being the go getters that we are Lisa and I left the first gym to go to our favorite gym and finish our work out. By the time I got home at 1:30, I was exhausted! I did something that I never do.... I took a nap and it felt sooooo awesome! At about 5 the phone started ringing to confirm plans for the evening. Every single person that I talked to had also just woken up from a nap.... I guess everyone needed a little extra down time! We all met at Christina Aguilera's house (the real name of the restaurant is El Aguila Real... but none of us can say that right...) for Mexican and margaritas and then went out for the night! Very fun evening!


Sunday morning, even though I kind of felt like I wanted to die, I made it to church with Tammy! There is this super hot guy that is in the choir and Tammy and I both fell in love with him for a minute when he sang his solo. I noticed that he was wearing a wedding ring.... Tammy said not to worry, that he was just married to Jesus, not a real girl. I think that is probably not the case at all, he probably has an equally super hot wife, but her story makes it easier to swoon while he sings. We had to high tail it out of church quickly so Tammy's church stalker with orange eyebrows didn't stop us... but all in all it was a good service.


Tammy and I met Ryan for lunch and then I went into the office for a couple of hours... I met up with them again at Tammy's house later that night for a movie and a rousing game of scrabble, it was a great ending to a great weekend.


This week is the week that my "Des Moines Single's Crew" pic graces the cover of Juice... I am pretty nervous and excited about that. It comes out on Wednesday. Be sure to check it out at http://www.dmjuice.com/. I am pretty sure that there will be quite a few pics from the cover shoot, our videos, and our bios that will be printed... I am not gonna lie, I am kind of freaking out about that!! I haven't seen any pictures, I know what I said in the interviews, but no idea what they are going to print, and I am pretty sure that I probably looked and sounded like a dumbass in my video... but we shall see. The first event is "The Science of Compatibility and Chocolate" at the Science Center of Iowa. It is a speed dating event.... Oh lord! I will be sure to keep you posted.


Last, but certainly not lease, it is a very special week for a very gorgeous girl! Happy birthday week, Ms. Chelsea!!!



1 comment:

tom said...

I just checked out the juice page the first thing this morning, and there is my baby girl. It seems that there is a lot of drinking involved in this group. It sounds like you are going to have a fun February-March. You are beautiful!!