Wednesday, February 6, 2008

I know, I know... I dropped the ball

I haven't blogged for so long. My sincerest apologies. With the end of the year and end of fourth quarter... work has been kicking my ass. But, January is over and while I am not 100% caught up yet, I am not quite as stressed. And my Aunt said that she would also kick my ass, if I didn't get it in gear;))


January was just a crappy month, I think. I don't like to generalize such a large amount of time as being crappy... but it was!


Work was crazy, the weather was shitty, I popped my pelvis out of place at the end of the month so my back hurt, my wisdom tooth decided it wanted to try to make an appearance in my mouth so my jaw swelled up... I was a damn mess!!!


I am not kidding, I went to tan the other day after I went to the gym, and the whole time I was in the bed my mind was just swimming with stuff that I needed to do or things going on... so the bed goes off, I get dressed and go home. I walked in and went to take off my gym clothes and noticed that my shorts look really weird. Most of my gym shorts have like spandex lining in them, well apparently I was not thinking about what I was actually doing, so when I got dressed I put my shorts on inside out. So the spandex lining was on the outside. Think about this... the tight spandex lining, showing all the creases and lumps from the outside layer of the shorts and the tag sticking out of my ass like a little white tail!!!! Not to mention when I left the tanning salon there was about 5 people standing in the lobby. Nice!


But, now it is a new month and I have new fun things going on... so I will try not to neglect you anymore!


My friend and I were talking about a month or so ago about this "Singles Crew" thing that a magazine here in Des Moines does. Well on a whim I answered some questions and sent in my picture and then kind of forgot I did it. Well, they called me back to come in for some pictures and a video. My crazy ass did it. A couple of days later, my phone rang and sure enough, I made the crew... so, I went in last Saturday for a photo shoot and to meet the three other people. They had hair and make up people there, and the other people were so nice! So, February is starting on a high note and some of the events we have to do, such as speed dating, sound like a lot of fun... I will definitely have some stories about this adventure!


So, you are pretty much all caught up!


Des Moines is under about eight inches of snow right now. I had to clean off my entire car this morning with a CD case because my scraper mysteriously vanished after my last trip to Peoria... So, I am just going to sit here and day dream about summer time.


Enjoy your day!


Here is a cute pic of my girlfriends and I on Saturday night... blowing off some steam!



1 comment:

tom said...

Hey that is weird, I found a scraper this morning so I could quit using the old cassette tape I've been using!!! Dad