Monday, December 12, 2011

Biggest Fans



This weekend was babyboycake's last basketball game of his league.


Little kids basketball is a freaking riot, first of all... Some of these little nuggets are so adorably uncoordinated and clumsy! It reminds me very much of someone..... but I just can't quite put my finger on who....


Hmmmm...


Because it was the final game, all the nuggets got to run through the smoke machine with the "get pumped up" 80's music blaring, it was pretty presh.


Boyfriend and I decided that we should participate in the festivities by creating signs. I suggested one poster board cut in half, so as not be too obnoxious, but boyfriend doesn't do things half way... so two big poster boards of GO BABYCAKES, it was!


(We put his actual name, because babycakes would have of course caused major problems for the remainder of his elementary and probably junior high careers...).


At first I think he was totally into it. But, as the game progressed and we continued to shake and hold up our signs while yelling for him each time he ran down the court, he just stopped even looking in our general direction.


After the game, I was like, "Hey! Did you like our signs?!". "Yep." he dryly responded. "Were they a little embarrassing?" "Uh, yeah. A little."


There was a line... around first quarter... and we clearly crossed it. Good thing I didn't wear my "I Heart Babycakes" button (gigantic, old school New Kids On The Block size, of course!).




No comments: