Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Whooooooopsiedaisy


It has been beautiful here in Des Moines. Seriously, every day is in the 70's and sunny... with no humidity.
Please hold...
Dear Lord. My smoothing product and I thank you.
Ok. I'm back.
So the other day Lil Bird breath and I rented bikes in downtown Des Moines and road all over the place! It was so. much. fun. I can't even tell you how great it was. You would just be jealous anyway and frankly I don't want to fight... so, just take my word for it.
Anyway... we were just about to take another lap around the sculpture garden when we noticed a large man in a wheel chair blocking the road way... Lil bird poop, being the sweetheart that she is, tried to go around in the grass... well on the way back to the sidewalk, the uneven surface-ness caused some problems and down she went.
What would a true friend do in the situation??? Instantly jump of my bike and run to my friends side to make sure she was ok?? Yes. Be concerned? Yes.
I hope that lil free-as-a-bird knows that she is such a great friend to me... And, I hope that she really is ok, even though I am pretty sure she suffered a bit of a skinned knee and bruised pride... and I hope that even though I couldn't ask if she was ok, because I was focusing really hard on not peeing my pants because I was laughing so hard, she knew I meant well... It was just so hard to focus right then!

No comments: