Sunday, October 10, 2010

Figure It Out, Ladies


You know that Lil Bird, up there, right!? She is pretty much my Iowa Sister/Mom.
Yesterday, I had friends visiting from Illinois, so I invited her along with me to meet them in Ames to go to an Apple Orchard.
I happened to be running low on gas, so we stopped, and since we were going to the Apple Orchard right after, I wanted to go to the bathroom at the gas station just in case the Apple Orchard only had porta-potties. Porta-potties are so flipping gross. So, I asked Lil Bird breath to pump the gas.
Well, I don't know exactly what happened... but when I came back out, Lil' Bird was all frazzled and there was gas all over the side of my car and her feet. She tried to explain what happened, but it seemed incredibly dramatic and I wasn't exactly following her story... so, I just took the receipt (which I am sure reflected fees for about a half a gallon of gas more than was needed) and left.
I will be honest here. I was totally thinking Lil Bird was a tard.
So, we get on the highway and the door ajar light kept blinking... So, we both opened and shut our doors really hard... waited.... still on!
My friend's 9 year old son was with us, in the back, so I had him do his door... waited.... still on! What?!
So, I asked him to scootch over and try the other one. Now, at this point, we are at the top of the on ramp for the highway and going about 7 miles per hour. I didn't want little Jaker to fall out, after all.
Open. Shut. Wait. STILL ON!?! WTF!?
It is then that I looked in the rear view and realized that the my trunk was just flappin away in the wind. You see, my gas tank opener is next to my trunk opener.
I guess that is what I get for judgin Bird. It is just a good thing that there are light indicators for special girls like us; because, I am not sure we would have ever figured that out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha.. it was only ten cents worth of gas (I looked) that didn't make it into your car.. the good news is at least I got it on my feet and on your car.. so I guess it really didn't get wasted. It added a nice touch to my beautiful smell!