Thursday, January 10, 2008

OCD

I have mentioned that I kind of have an addictive personality when it comes to certain things. Specifically tanning, lip gloss, and coffee. While this is better than snorting, shooting, and turning tricks... they aren't the most healthy habits (Ok, maybe lip gloss isn't bad... but you get the point). I started thinking about this when a friend at work mentioned that if she has bottled water at her desk, she drinks several glasses a day... but if she has a glass of water rather than the bottle, she doesn't even touch it. I realized I don't drink any water during the day at all, only coffee, and the only reason why I drink water at night is because trying to maneuver hot liquid into my mouth on a treadmill is kind of dangerous...

Anyway. Kind of related and kind of not... I am starting to notice that I have weird OCD type tendencies towards other things as well... such as the other night, I could not fall asleep, at all, until I changed the toilet paper roll in the bathroom. It was low... maybe could have gone another round or two... but in my head it was going to totally slow me down the next morning if I didn't change it. Then, last night I stopped to get gas and then went to tan. I saved my receipt from the gas station to record in my check register and I couldn't even get in the tanning bed until I not only recorded it, but balanced it out... I have always (in my adult life) been one to make sure everything is ironed and ready for the next day, and I even get my coffee and cup ready, so all I have to do is push the button and pour... But even I can see that these things are a bit much.

Hmmm.... Well, anyway, it is about time to go so I should probably turn the light on and off three times, close the door twice, and get out of here!

No comments: