Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The Case of the Missing Towel

Last night I had a meeting after work, then had to run a few errands and go to the gym, so I didn't get home until about 9:30. I was washing my face and getting cleaned up from the gym when I noticed that my hair towel was not in its spot. I know that sounds silly, but as you can gather from my post about the exact number of plates and forks I have, I am pretty anal about my apartment and my things. I know specifically that my hair towel was on my bathroom door knob. I even went to put that towel on the hook yesterday morning when I was getting ready and then thought that the dampness of it makes it stay on the knob better than the more dry body towel, so I switched them around.... So when I got home and it wasn't there, I was a little alarmed.

Before I allowed myself to get completely freaked out I searched my apartment. I looked everywhere. Seriously. I even looked in the refrigerator. I know that sounds crazy, but I did wear two different shoes to work one morning, so clearly my mind sometimes wanders in the morning.

The towel is not in my apartment. I keep telling myself that the only rational explanation is that I misplaced the towel (even though I specifically know I didn't) and that it is somewhere in my apartment (even though I know it isn't)....

Here is the other thing, the bar that I keep on my sliding door was up. I was too afraid to see if the door was locked or unlocked, and I may have not put the bar down, but I certainly didn't get a warm fuzzy feeling when I saw that it was up...

So, with my bestie on the phone with me while I checked all closets, I confirmed that I was in fact alone and the towel thief was not in the apartment waiting to off me.

I then settled into bed with the lights and TV on for a very restless nights sleep.

No comments: